It’s getting to be that time of year again…summer! That means our classes will be held in warmer temperatures which can sometimes be uncomfortable for our little ones. Here are some helpful tips to keep you and you little one nice and comfy during class.
- Hot and Cold Gel packs: A frozen hot and cold gel pack wrapped in a dish towel makes a wonderful climate control backrest for your little one. It’s squishy so it is not uncomfortable to lean against and because it is frozen it will keep baby nice and cool without being too cold.
- Frozen water bottle: Fill a water bottle ¾ of the way and then freeze it while it is partially on its side. Make sure it is on an angle and that the cap end is not totally covered with water. Right before class, fill the remaining space with cold tap water. Your water will remain cold for the duration of class.
- Ice Towels: Wet a washcloth or dish towel, fold it and place it in the freezer. Before class, fill a ziplock with ice cubes and place your frozen towel inside. During class you can reach for your frozen towel as needed for a cool down, then simply place it back in the ziplock to keep it cold.
- Clip on fan: You can find a reasonably priced clip on fan to provide a breeze for your little one. They can be found at Wal-Mart for as little as $5.00 or online for around $15.00.
- Misting Fan: Look for a hand-held misting fan to provide your baby with an occasional spritz of cool water. These can be found at Wal-Mart and Sports Authority.
- Frozen Ice Pack: Keep a frozen ice pack in your diaper bag to keep treats cool during class.
- Chilly Pad: Chilly Pads by Frogg Toggs are made from a hyper-evaporative material that retains water while remaining dry to the touch. Simply wet it, wring it out and it’s super-cool. Get two: they can be used over your child in the stroller, and/or around your neck to keep you comfortable.
- Stroll -n- Cool: Stroll -n- Cool is a universal liner for your child’s stroller which absorbs their warm body temperature, reduces perspiration and provides your child with comfortable cooling in the heat. It helps keep kids cooler and more comfortable in their strollers on hot days.